Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Serving: 4 servings per recipe
1/2 sliced yellow onion
Four cups of sliced and chopped Lacinato or other kale
One tbsp oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup low sodium broth
One tsp curry powder or graham masala
One tsp turmeric
Two tbsp sesame seeds
1. Wash the kale thoroughly.
2. Remove the tough center. Cut crosswise every three inches after slicing into long strips.
3. In a pan, sauté the onion until it is translucent. Add the curry powder and turmeric and roast for about a
4. Combine the kale with water or chicken broth. Cover and keep an eye on it. Add 1/4 cup water if it needs
5. Cover and cook until the kale turns bright green and wilts, stirring periodically. If you overcook it, it will
6. Remove the kale from the pan.
7. Set aside the juices.
8. Toss in the sesame seeds, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Stir until the sesame seeds begin to pop and the sauce
9. Remove from the heat.
10. Stir in the sesame oil before pouring over the kale and serving.