Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 servings per recipe
1/2 cup mini-bocconcini mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
30 g dried porcini mushrooms
1/2 cup boiling water
Two cups any dried pasta
One cup of white mushrooms cut into quarters
1/4 tsp dried sage or two chopped fresh leaves
1/3 cup olive oil
Two cloves of finely chopped garlic
One pinch of dried hot chili pepper flakes
1. Using 1/2 cup hot water, rehydrate the porcini mushrooms.
2. For the pasta, bring three liters of water to a boil.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat as the water boils to make the sauce. The pan should be big enough
to accommodate the cooked noodles.
4. Add garlic to the pan. Saute the garlic and hot pepper flakes until the garlic turns golden brown.
5. Add the white mushrooms, turn the heat to a medium-high, and cook.
6. According to the instructions on the packing, cook the pasta in boiling water.
7. Remove the porcini liquid by squeezing and setting it aside for the sauce.
8. Add the porcini to the pan after they’ve been sliced.
9. Using a fine sieve, strain the soaking liquid into the pan.
10. Cook for 5 minutes after adding the sage.
11. Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and toss it with the mushroom sauce in the pan while it’s still hot.
Serve with boconcini cheese and parsley.