Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
black pepper 1 tsp.
Red pepper flakes 1 tsp.
Smoked paprika 1 tsp.
Garlic Powder 2 tsp.
Dehydrated onion flakes 2 tsp.
Dark chili powder 2 tsp.
baby back ribs 2 slabs (about 3½ pounds)
fresh or frozen corn on the cob, 12 mini-ears
1 portion of the rub
BBQ Spice Rub (mix all ingredients)
packed dark brown sugar 1 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Rub the Chef McCargo’s BBQ Spice Rub mixture all over both slabs of ribs.
3. Place the ribs in a tray lined with wire racks. Bake for 112 to 2 hours, firmly wrapped in aluminum foil.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and unveil it. Set the ribs aside with tongs. Remove the ribs from the tray
and drain the liquids from the pan.
5. Cook for another 15 minutes until crispness is achieved.
6. Allow for 5–10 minutes of resting time before cutting and serving.
7. Use a microwave-safe 9″ x 9″ casserole pan to microwave corn on the cob. In the dish, arrange all the mini ears of corn on their ends. Fill the dish with about 12 inches of water. Wrap the plastic wrap around the dish firmly. Microwave on high for 5–7 minutes.
Option to prepare on the grill:
1. For the first 3 hours, cook the ribs at 250° F (curled side up), then raise the temperature to 300° F for the
last 3 hours.
2. Remove the husk and any remaining silk strands from each ear of corn before grilling it. Wrap the corn in
foil and grill for about 25 minutes, turning periodically until the corn is tender.