Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Serving: Serves 8 (1 serving = 4-ounce portion)
thinly sliced chicken breast 2 pounds
diced shallots ¼ cup
chopped fresh scallions ¼ cup
flour ½ cup
canola oil ½ cup
chicken stock (low sodium) 2 cups
Better Than Bouillon® Chicken Base (low sodium) 1 tbsp.
Brown mustard 2 tbsp.
unsalted butter chilled and cubed ½ stick
Smoked paprika 1 tbsp.
Black pepper 1 tsp.
Italian seasoning 1 tsp.
Dried parsley 1 tbsp.
1. Combine Italian seasoning, pepper, paprika, and parsley in a small bowl.
2. Half of the flour goes on the chicken breast, and the rest in the flour.
3. In a wide sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
4. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the seasoned flour.
5. Cook for 3–4 minutes on both sides after dredging the chicken in the remaining seasoned flour.
6. Remove the chicken and place it on a plate to rest. Remove a few pan oil tablespoons; add the shallots and
cook until they are slightly translucent.
7. Gently stir in the flour until smooth, then steadily substitute the stock when stirring constantly. Reduce heat
to low and whisk in mustard, chicken bouillon, and unsalted butter after 5 minutes of cooking on medium high heat.
8. Switch off the heat and return the chicken and any juice drippings from the plate to the pan, stirring
constantly. Serve with scallions as a garnish.
TIP: If thinly sliced chicken breasts are unavailable, substitute chicken tenders that have been pounded thin.