Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Serving: Serves 4 (1 serving = 3-ounce portion)
2-ounce chicken tenders 6
chilled unsalted butter 4 tbsp.
panko bread crumbs ½ cup
lemon juice ¼ cup
zest of lemon 1
egg yolk 1
fresh chopped oregano 1 tbsp.
Fresh chopped basil 1 tbsp.
Fresh chopped thyme 1 tbsp.
Water 3 tbsp. (1 tbsp. For the egg wash, 2 tbsp. for finishing the sauce)
2 tablespoons butter, melted over medium-low heat
1 tablespoon water, beaten egg yolk
2 tablespoons butter, melted over medium heat
1. Toss the bread crumbs with the zest of 1 lemon and half of the herbs; leave the remainder for the lemon
2. Place chicken tenders between two plastic wrap pieces and pound until thin but not torn, using the narrow
3. Dip the chicken in the egg wash mixture, then cover it in the herbed breadcrumb mixture. Set them aside.
4. In a sauté pan, position the breaded chicken.
5. Cook the chicken for 3–4 minutes on both sides.
6. Remove the chicken and set it aside to rest on a baking sheet tray. Add the remaining herbs and lemon juice
to the same pan and cook until it begins to boil.
7. Switch off the heat and vigorously whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
8. Cut the chicken into slices.
9. Place the sliced chicken on a plate and top it with the sauce and garnishes.
TIP: To add flavor and garnish to your final dish, lemon slices, diced red bell peppers, finely diced shallots,
and scallions, parsley can be used.