Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
Serving: Serves 6
chicken (breast or thigh) 6 ounces
chicken broth (low sodium) 12 ounces
olive oil 1/4 cup
diced onion 1 cup
oregano 1 tbsp.
Black pepper ¼ tsp.
white wine 1/4 cup (optional)
thick sliced1mushrooms, 1/2 cup
flour 3 tbsp.
cream cheese 6 ounces
Mocha Mix 1½ cups
Nutmeg ½ tsp.
fresh parmesan cheese 1/2 cup
sliced zucchini 1½
1 package of no-boil lasagna noodles
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Bring the chicken and broth to a boil in a small pot, reduce to low heat, and continue cooking until the
chicken is white and thoroughly cooked. If you cut the chicken into bits, it will cook faster.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil, onion, oregano, and black pepper in a large saute pan over medium-high heat for
5-6 minutes or until the onion starts to soften.
4. Toss in the mushrooms.
5. To spread flavors, uniformly sprinkle flour over the pan and stir. The ingredients in the pan should clump
6. Allow for a few minutes (3 minutes) of cooking time.
7. Break up the cream cheese and stir it into the pan until it melts evenly dispersed. (duration: 2 minutes)
8. Slowly pour in the Mocha mix, stirring constantly.
9. Ingredients should thicken but not clump together. Continue stirring if the mixture is already clumpy.
10. Nutmeg should be added at this stage.
11. Stir in the parmesan cheese and cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
12. Take the chicken out of the pot (save the broth) and shred it with two forks, attempting to keep the bits
13. To thin out the cream mixture, stir in 1/2 cup of remaining broth, occasionally stirring for 2 minutes.
14. Place lasagna sheets in the pan, top with 1/3 of the sauce, 1/2 of the chicken, and 1/2 of the zucchini pieces
(equally distributed on top); repeat layers, finishing with the remaining sauce.
15. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, removing foil for the last few minutes until desired crispiness is